May Open Arms Updates
- Pictured above, Open Arms staff enjoyed lunch together to celebrate the last day before the beginning of Ramadan, the Muslim month of fasting. Afghan staff generously shared homemade traditional dishes.
- Open Arms staff is currently producing home goods for all Texas IKEA stores, as well as several in Tennessee and Florida.
- We welcome new apprentice stitcher Farzana. Originally from Afghanistan, Farzana completed our industrial sewing training and joined the team in early May.
- Congratulations to Manal (pictured above) for completing her 400-hour apprenticeship and being accepted as a full employee!
- Many thanks to our spring semester Open Arms intern, Emma Raney!